realme just announced the GT Neo 5SE, the company’s latest smartphone in the GT Neo series in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.7-inch 144Hz 1.5K flat AMOLED screen from Tianma. It also has 2160Hz ultra-high frequency PWM dimming, up to 1400 nits brightness and a 2.31mm ultra-narrow chin.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 SoC with up to 16GB RAM and up to 1TB storage. There is variable heat dissipation system max with 6580 mm² cooling area, 4500 mm² 3D VC cooling, 1500Hz gaming control engine, customized for players and antenna matrix system 2.0.
This doesn’t have a transparent RGB design like the GT Neo5. The phone has 64MP rear camera, HyperShot 2.0, Street shooting mode 3.0 and also has a 40x microscope lens, in addition to a 8MP ultra-wide camera.
It comes in a single model that packs a huge, 5500mAh battery with support for 100W SuperVOOC fast charging. It also has a SUPERVOOC S power management chip, offering discharge efficiency is as high as 99.5%, and it is extremely lossless, says the company.
The phone has 38 safety protection measures, and can maintain over 80% battery health even after 1600 charging cycles or 4 years of use, says realme.
realme GT Neo5 SE specifications
- 6.74-inch (2772×1240 pixels) (144Hz/120Hz/90Hz/60Hz/45Hz/40Hz adaptive) AMOLED display with up to 1450 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 2160Hz high-frequency PWM dimming
- Up to 2.91GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 (4nm) Mobile Platform with Adreno 725 GPU
- 8GB/12GB / 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 13 with realme UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Omnivision OV64M sensor, OIS, f/1.79 aperture, 25mm equivalent focal length, 8MP IMX355 112° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP GC02M 5.5mm microscope lens with f/3.3 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:163.9×75.8×8.95mm; Weight: 193.1g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5500mAh (typical) battery with 100W SuperVOOC fast charging
Pricing and availability
The realme GT Neo5 SE comes in Final fantasy and Polar black colours. Pricing as follows.
- 8GB+256GB – 2099 yuan (US$ 304 / Rs. 25,095 approx.)1999 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 23,915 approx.)
- 12GB+256GB – 2299 yuan (US$ 333 / Rs. 27,500 approx.)
- 12GB+512GB – 2399 yuan (US$ 349 / Rs. 28,685 approx.)
- 16GB+1TB – 2799 yuan (US$ 406 / Rs. 33,480 approx.)
The phone is now available to order and will go on sale in China from April 10th. There will be a 100 yuan discount for the 8GB and 12GB models and 200 yuan discount for the 16GB model during the first sale.