moto X40 was introduced back in December in China. Now the global version – edge 40 Pro, successor to last year’s edge 30 Pro, has surfaced in press renders, thanks to @evleaks. This should come with similar specifications as the X40, and the renders also reveal that the phone will feature the same waterproof body.
motorola edge 40 Pro (moto X40) specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 10-bit OLED display, 165Hz refresh rate, DC dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with 1/1.55″ Omnivision OV50A sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 50MP 117° ultra-wide autofocus camera, Samsung S5KJN1 sensor, 2.5cm macro option, f/2.2 aperture, 12MP 2X portrait telephoto camera with IMX663 sensor, f/1.6 aperture
- 60MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 161.3×73.9×8.5mm; Weight: 1979g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4600mAh battery, 125W TurboPower fast charging, 15W wireless charging, 15W reverse charging
The motorola edge 30 Pro was introduced in February 2022, and it was also launched in India at the same time, so we can expect the edge 40 pro to launch sometime this March.