HONOR has announced the X40 GT, the company’s latest gaming-focused 5G smartphone in the new GT series in China, after the launch of the X40 back in September. The phone has a 6.81-inch FHD+ 144Hz LCD screen, 50MP triple cameras, and a 16MP front camera in a punch hole setup in the centre.
It runs Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1 and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G processor. The phone has up to 12GB of LPDDR 5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The company employs a special 13-layer 3D cooling system to improve the gaming experience of the X40 GT. The total heat dissipation area is large (16300mm²), and the 8 layers of high-performance graphite increase dissipation efficiency by 30%. A large liquid cooling area of 4001 mm² is also present, and a double capillary structure transports the liquid from the cold to the hot area.
HONOR claims to have increased touch reporting rates to 480 Hz and precision touch to 16 times using a proprietary AI Touch prediction algorithm. GPU Turbo X, present on the phone, is a rendering technology that boosts GPU rendering performance by up to 30%. It is powered by a 4800mAh battery with 66W fast charging support.
HONOR X40 GT Specifications
- 6.81-inch (2388×1080 pixels) FHD+ 19.9:9 aspect ratio TFT LCD screen, 144Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR 5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture and 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Type C audio, HONOR Histen 7.0 sound effect
- Dimensions: 166.1 × 75.8. × 8.45mm; Weight: 199.5g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, 2×2 MIMO, Wi-Fi 6 (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, NFC
- 4800mAh battery with 66W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The HONOR X40 GT comes in Racing Black, Phantom Night Black, and Titanium Empty Silver colours, is priced at 2099 yuan (US$ 291 / Rs. 24,050 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, and 2399 yuan (US$ 333 / Rs. 27,485 approx.) for 12GB+256GB model. The phone can be pre-ordered from today with discount of 100 yuan and 200 yuan, respectively for the models and will go on open sale from 18th of October.