ASUS has announced the ROG Phone 6D, the company’s latest flagship gaming phone, as it had promised. It has a 6.78-inch Full HD+ 165Hz AMOLED display, but this is powered by the latest MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ SoC compared to Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 in the standard ROG Phone 6 that was introduced a couple of months back.
The back of the 6D has an ROG (RGB light) logo, while the Ultimate version has an ROG Vision color PMOLED display. The ASUS ROG Phone 6D Ultimate also has an AeroActive Portal on the back, as you can see in the image. This is in the form of a slotted hinge that opens to offer a better airflow inside the chassis by working in conjunction with the AeroActive Cooler 6 when it is connected.
It has a similar 50MP main, 13MP 125° ultra-wide and 5MP macro camera setup, features a 3.5mm audio jack, Symmetrical dual front-facing speakers and a dual-cell 6,000mAh battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging, same as the ROG Phone 6.
ASUS ROG Phone 6D and 6D Ultimate specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 165Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 720Hz touch sampling rate, 111.23% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ processor
with Mali-G710 MC10 GPU
- 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB (6D) / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage (6D Ultimate)
- Android 12 with ROG UI & Zen UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 12MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX663 sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm WCD9385 for Hi-Res output, Symmetrical dual front-facing speakers with Dirac HD Sound, 5-magnet stereo speaker with Cirrus Logic amplifier for louder, deeper and less distorted sound effect
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 6 and grip press detection
- Splash resistant (IPX4)
- Dimensions: 173 x 77x 10.4mm; Weight: 239g (6D) / 247g (6D Ultimate)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 65W fast charging PD 3.0 Charging
Pricing and availability
The ASUS ROG Phone 6D and 6D Ultimate come in single Space Gray colour. The ROG Phone 6D is priced at £799 (US$ 910 / Rs. 72,490 approx.) and the 6D Ultimate costs £1,199 (US$ 1,365 / Rs. 1,08,780 approx.) in the U.K., and comes bundled with the AeroActive Cooler 6. It will roll out soon.