Redmi today introduced the Redmi K50 Ultra, as it had promised. The phone has a 6.67″ 1.5K 120Hz OLED display with HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision, is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM, VC heat dissipation area of 3725mm² and total 12-layer heat dissipation area of 30000mm².
The company said that in “Genshin Impact” it reaches a maximum temperature of 46°C and an average frame rate of 58.03 FPS in its official test. The phone has a 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM6 sensor. 8MP ultra-wide angle camera and 2MP macro camera. The phone has an optical in-display fingerprint scanner from Goodix.
It also introduced the Redmi K50 Ultra Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team Summer Edition. This has the team’s signature silver, petroleum green lines, and carbon fiber textures into the design. The phone packs a 5,000mAh battery with 120W HyperCharge technology that can charge up to 100% in 19 minutes.
Redmi K50 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2712 x 1220 pixels) 1.5K AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz high frequency PWM dimming, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 6400Mbps RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 6400Mbps RAM 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 108MP rear camera with 1/1.67″ Samsung HM6 sensor, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX596 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.1×75.9×8.6mm; Weight: 202g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 120W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi K50 Ultra comes in Black, Silver and Blue colours and is priced at 2,999 yuan (US$ 445 / Rs. 35,345 approx.) for 8GB+128GB, 3,299 yuan (US$ 489 / Rs. 38,915 approx.) for 8GB+256GB, 3,599 yuan (US$ 534 / Rs. 42,450 approx.) for 12GB+256GB and the 12GB+512GB model costs 3,999 yuan (US$ 593 / Rs. 47,175 approx.).
The Redmi K50 Ultra Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team Summer Edition comes only in 12GB+512GB and costs 4,199 yuan (US$ 623 / Rs. 49,520 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China starting from August 16th. No details about global roll out yet.