Along with the OnePlus 10T smartphone, OnePlus also launched OxygenOS 13, after it started rolling out the closed beta update for the OnePlus 10 Pro back in June. Open Beta will be available soon.
OnePlus said that the OxygenOS 13 combines its faster, smoother experience and more stable performance with an all-new Aquamorphic design, which takes inspiration from the flow of water. This is combined with greater convenience, reliability, and security embedded into the core of OxygenOS 13, with the purpose of elevating your digital life, added the company.
The new version of the OxygenOS is inspired by amorphous properties of water, which is “aqua” which is soothing, natural, and versatile, and “morphic” alludes to the high-tech sense of design, which is seen in its minimalist icons, animations, and a variety of forms and textures.
- Intentional Adaption: OxygenOS 13 features soft and rounded edges across its design for a more comfortable viewing experience. Every detail in OxygenOS 13’s design has been created with purpose, making each element both useful and appealing to fit your needs.
- Calm Vitality: Form and function co-exist in OxygenOS 13, as it adds to the user experience by anticipating every need and making widgets more accessible through one long press.
- Intelligent Design: The colors of OxygenOS 13’s design will intelligently transition to match the time of day you are using your device – meaning the operating system will be brighter in the morning and take on a darker, calmer aesthetic after sunset.
AI System Booster: OxygenOS 13 leverages the power of AI System Booster, which takes its smooth and stable performance even further. With advanced, intelligent memory management systems, AI System Booster allows you to suspend more applications at once, so you can quickly jump from one to another for a faster, smoother, and uninterrupted experience.
Always-on Display (AOD): OxygenOS 13 has a wider selection of AODs with greater levels of customization starting from music, expecting a food delivery, or creating masterpieces on Canvas or Bitmoji, OxygenOS 13’s AODs make it possible to navigate with ease while on the go, said the company
QUALITY OF DIGITAL LIFESTYLE
OxygenOS 13 optimizes user experience, customization, and connectivity. Key upgrades include improved ease of use with features called Smart Launcher and Sidebar Toolbox, leveled-up gaming with HyperBoost, elevated audio with Spatial Audio, Dolby Atmos, Fast Pair, and Audio Switch, and sharing options with Nearby Share and App Streaming.
- Smart Launcher: This lets you access applications from folders faster by making folders and their contents larger on your home screen. Applications within a folder can be tapped and opened without having to open the folder itself for a faster and more seamless experience. It also lets you quickly and easily add widgets for your favorite applications to take advantage of their functionality from your home screen.
- Sidebar Toolbox: It makes it easier for you to do everything on your device with one hand, offering easy access to all apps and lets you customize which applications are featured within it.
- HyperBoost Gaming Engine: It powers a series of features designed to deliver a smoother and more stable gaming experience when playing supported titles. This reduces frame rate fluctuation and improves device’s touch response rate.
- Spatial Audio & Dolby Atmos: OxygenOS 13 supports Spatial Audio that adjust the direction of sound in different applications for the best experience. In addition, Dolby Atmos is supported by OxygenOS 13 which offers a broader sound field and more accurate spatial perception of sound.
- Fast Pair: This allows you to seamlessly connect your device with supported wireless earbuds and headphones, smart TVs, and more in a matter of seconds, so you spend less time in menus and more time enjoying content.
- Audio Switch: This lets you easily switch from one audio device to another, or vice versa. There are no disruptions when you switch from headphone to headphone, creating a smooth sound transition.
- Nearby Share and App Streaming: By logging into just one Google account, the Nearby Share feature lets you transfer content from Android and Windows devices with greater ease and speed, for seamless content sharing. And, with a function called App Streaming, smartphones can cast their screen’s content to other nearby ChromeOS devices for improved shareability.
OxygenOS 13 will automatically warn of risky applications and downloads for improved safety. Moreover, it keeps your location secure, even when connecting to a public Wi-Fi network. The underlying capabilities of Android strengthen security further by controlling app notifications and filtering content based on your preference, said OnePlus.
Private Safe 2.0
An enhanced version of the Private Safe secures data, documents, and media files in a virtual safe, so they cannot be accessed by other applications.
- Soon: OnePlus 10 Pro
- Later this year: OnePlus 10T
Devices that will update to OxygenOS 13:
- Flagship product line: OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 9RT, OnePlus 10 Pro, OnePlus 10R, OnePlus 10T
- Nord product line: OnePlus Nord 2, OnePlus Nord 2T, OnePlus Nord CE, OnePlus Nord CE 2, OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite.