HONOR has announced X40i, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the X series in China, after the launch of X30i last year. It packs a 6.7-inch FHD+ LCD screen, is powered by Dimensity 700 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA, has up to 12GB of RAM, 50MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth sensor.
The phone has an ultra slim 7.43mm body, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 40W fast charging.
HONOR X40i specifications
- 6.7-inch (2388 ×1080 pixels) FHD+ 19.9:9 aspect ratio LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage, 12GB RAM with 256GB storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.9 × 74.5. × 7.43mm; Weight: 175g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 40W charging
Pricing and availability
The HONOR X40i comes in Rose, Silver, Green, and Black colours, is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 237 / Rs. 18,945 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 1799 yuan (US$ 267 / Rs. 21,305 approx.) for 8GB+256GB and 1999 yuan (US$ 297 / Rs. 23,675 approx.) for the 12GB+256GB model. It is available to order and will go on sale in China starting from July 22nd.