realme just announced the realme GT2 Explorer Master Edition, the company’s first smartphone to be powered by the latest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC, as it had promised. It is the world’s first phone to use LPDDR5X RAM which is 20% more power efficient. It has dual VC cooling Max, 4811mm² VC liquid cooling cooling area.
The suitcase-like rear design of the phone has been designed by popular fashion designer Jae Jung. It has classic straight edge, corner guard edge and metal rivets, which are the reconstruction and exploration of the elements of the hard case, said the company. It uses environmentally friendly recycled lychee skin, Aviation-grade aluminum frame and a glass back.
The phone has a 6.7-inch FHD+ 120Hz refresh rate AMOLED screen with 2.37mm ultra-narrow chin, thanks to the COP package. The phone uses the first X7 independent graphics chip in partnership with Pixelworks, offering ultra-low-latency frame insertion technology, to create a high-frame rate experience. There are hidden pressure-sensitive shoulder buttons for gaming, has N28 free four 5G antenna technology, AOL smart antenna technology, and the first intelligent signal switching engine.
It has a 5000mAh battery with support for 100W fast charging and comes with a GaN 100W fast charger that reduces the heat generation by 85% even in peak power. It can charge up to 100% in 25 minutes. This may be the industry’s first thin and light 100W large battery solution, said the company. Even after 1600 charging and discharging cycles, that battery can retain over 80% health, says the company.
realme GT2 Explorer Master Edition specifications
- 6.7-inch (2412×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 10-bit display, 100% DCI P3 colour gamut, DC Dimming, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1000Hz instant touch sampling rate,
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with Sony IMX766 V2.0, OIS, f/1.88 aperture, 50MP 150° Ultra Wide Lens with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP up to 40x microscope camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.5 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Dual pressure sensitive gaming triggers
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 161.3×74.3× 8.17mm (Black and White) / 8.5mm (Wilderness); Weight: 195g (Wilderness) / 199g (Black and White)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS / Navic/ QZSS/ Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 100W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The realme GT2 Explorer Master Edition comes in Wilderness, Snowfield and Black Beach colour variants, is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 519 / Rs. 41,380 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 3799 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 44,925 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 3999 yuan (US$ 593 / Rs. 47,300 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB. It will be available to order from today and will go on sale in China from July 19th.