Fossil has introduced a new smartwatch in India. Fossil has extended the Gen 6 Venture Edition towards its Gen 6 series. The smartwatch has a classic watch design as well as a number of smart features and health tracking abilities. Earlier this week, the Fossil Gen 6 Hybrid Smartwatch launched in India as well.
According to Fossil, the smartwatch strap is made from recyclable materials such as plastic bottles, nylon, as well as eco-leather. The smartwatch looks like a vintage analogue wristwatch, with a large dial that looks like a traditional field watch. It also comes with a new watch face that shows a built-in compass, health stats, or a water intake tracker for outdoor activities.
In addition to the sleep and steps, among fitness trackers, the Fossil Gen 6 Venture has a new SpO2 sensor and an enhanced heart rate sensor to provide users with greater functionality as they work toward their health objectives. Users of the SpO2 sensor can monitor their body’s blood oxygen level. For people in harsh environments, this feature is especially beneficial. Continuous tracking and enhanced signal accuracy are made possible by the heart rate sensor.
Alexa comes preloaded on the Gen 6 Venture and can be paired with phones running the most recent version of Android. It should be noted that in supported countries, the watch cannot be paired with the Android Go edition or phones that lack the Google Play Store or iOS. Users can talk to Alexa through the new microphone, or they can look at the readout display to see what Alexa says. The smartwatch runs on the latest version of Google’s Wear OS and claims to last for 14 days on a single charge.
Fossil claims to have completely overhauled the display, allowing them to use a more user-friendly interface. Supported apps now will make appropriate use of the circular display, including using mechanical hands as pointers, something that Fossil promises makes it an easily readable display. The firm has also refreshed its companion app with new features such as customizable start screens, watch personalization, detailed stat readouts, and outdoor activity maps.
- Platform: Gen 6 Venture Edition
- Case: 44MM, Stainless Steel
- Strap: 22MM, Interchangeable
- Strap Material: Fabric, Leather
- Case Color: Silver
- Operating System: Powered with Wear OS by Google
- Compatibility: Wear OS by Google works with phones running the latest version of Android (excluding Go edition and phones without Google Play Store) or iOS. Supported features may vary between platforms and countries, with compatibility subject to change.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage
- Display: 1.28″ Color AMOLED / 416 x 416 / 326ppi
- Input: 2 Additional Push Buttons (configurable), Rotating Home Button, Touchscreen, Voice
- Sound/Actuator: Loudspeaker, Microphone, Vibration
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC SE, WiFi
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Altimeter, Ambient Light, Compass, Gyroscope, Off-body IR, PPG Heart Rate, SPO2
- Battery: 24 Hr + multi day Extended Mode. USB data cable with magnetic dock snaps to split rings on watch caseback and spins 360 degrees for ease of use. Approximately half an hour to reach 80%.
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM
- Preloaded Apps: Agenda, Alarm, Amazon Alexa for Smartwatches (available in select markets), Battery-Optimized Activity Mode, Calendar, Cardio Level Tracking, Cardiogram, Contacts, Enhanced Phone Dialer App, Facer, Google Assistant, Google Fit (Workout, Heart Rate, Goals, Breathe), Google Maps, Google Pay, Google Play Store, MyRadar, Nike Run Club, Noonlight, Outdooractive, Smart Battery Modes, Spotify, Stopwatch, Timer, Translate, WaterMinder, Wellness Apps with Sleep Tracking
Pricing and availability
The Fossil Gen 6 Venture smartwatch is available globally on Fossil.com and select Fossil retail stores beginning June 27 and is priced at Rs. 23,643 in India.