Samsung has announced the Galaxy XCover6 Pro, a rugged, yet sleek-to-hold smartphone that is engineered for use in tough work environments such as in the field and factories as the successor to XCover 5 . It has a durable design inclusive of recycled plastics, and a replaceable battery that allows it to maintain peak performance throughout its extensive lifecycle.
The Galaxy XCover6 Pro has a shock-resistant, rugged MIL-STD-810H certified design that enables the smartphone to survive and withstand drops. It is IP68 certified, which means it can be submerged under a meter of water for longer than 30 minutes. The screen also has an improved feature called “Glove Touch,” which is helpful for people who have to wear gloves at work.
The 6.6-inch Full HD+ 120Hz TFT LCD screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+. It is built to withstand severe weather, drops, and other hazards that come with working in the field. The XCover6 Pro smartphone runs Android OS, and the firm promises up to five years of security updates and four additional one-UI and OS upgrades. The entire software is protected by Samsung’s Knox security.
It is powered by the Snapdragon 778G processor and comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It comes with a replaceable 4050mAh battery, a feature that is essentially unheard of in modern smartphones. The phone can be charged either via the USB-C port or the Pogo pins on the bottom edge. It has a dual camera setup at the back with a 50MP sensor with an f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP Ultra-Wide sensor, and a 13MP front camera with an f/2.2 aperture.
Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro specifications:
- 6.6-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ 120Hz LCD screen, 20:9 aspect ratio, Wet Touch, Glove Mode, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- Snapdragon 778G Octa-Core 6nm processor with Adreno 642L GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro-SD card
- Android 12 with Samsung One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM
- Samsung Knox protected
- Customization via XCover Key and Top Key
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra-Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), US Military Standard MIL-STD-810H
- Dimensions: 168.8 x 79.9 x 9.9mm; Weight: 235g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C USB 3.2, POGO Pin (charging only), NFC
- 4050mAh removable battery
Pricing and Availability:
The Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro is priced at €629 (US$ 658 / Rs. 51,985 approx.) will be available starting July 2022 in select markets across Europe, Asia and the Middle East, with availability expanding to other regions at a later date.
Regarding the launch, KC Choi, EVP and Head of Global Mobile B2B Team, MX Business at Samsung Electronics said,
The expansion of mobile technology in the workplace means business is no longer confined to an office, and companies must evolve to keep up with this ever-changing landscape. We created the Galaxy XCover Pro series to give companies a mobile device strong enough to withstand the rigors of business on the frontline. We’re excited to extend this commitment further with the introduction of the Galaxy XCover6 Pro, a device that pairs uncompromised durability with seamless connectivity to unlock success for businesses of all shapes and sizes.