At its global event, HUAWEI announced its Mate Xs 2 foldable phone, HUAWEI Watch GT 3 Pro smartwatch, Watch D with Blood Pressure and ECG monitoring, and the HUAWEI Band 7 for global markets, after they were introduced in China recently.
The Mate Xs 2 has a 7.8-inch foldable 120Hz OLED panel, and in unfolded state it is 6.5 inches 120Hz and 240Hz, respectively. It is just 5.4mm at its thinnest point, same as the predecessor, and uses the same patented “Eagle Wing” steel hinge. Since there is a single screen compared to the dual screen in the predecessor, it is 255 grams, compared to 300 grams in the predecessor. Due to the U.S. government’s sanctions, HUAWEI is still using the Snapdragon 888 4G SoC.
HUAWEI Mate Xs 2 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2480 × 1176 pixels) OLED 120Hz display when folded, 7.8-inch (2480 × 2200 pixels) OLED 120Hz display when unfolded, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 4G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- HarmonyOS 2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, 30x ditial zoom, OIS
- 10.7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 156.5x 75.5 (139.3 unfolded) x 5.4-11.1mm; Weight: 255g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 4600mAh (4880mAh in collector’s edition) battery with 66W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI Mate Xs 2 comes in White, Black and Violet colours and is priced at 1999 Euros (US$ 2,103 / Rs. 1,63,330 approx.) for the single 8GB + 512GB version.
HUAWEI Watch GT 3 Pro
The WATCH GT 3 Pro comes in two models, the smaller 43mm model has a 1.32″ AMOLED screen, nanocrystalline Ceramic body, Sapphire Glass protection and a Stainless Steel Bezel. The bigger 46mm model has an 1.43″ AMOLED screen, Titanium Body, Sapphire Glass protection and a Ceramic Back.
It has ECG support, L1 and L5 dual-band GPS, golf course mode, Skin Temperature Detector, all-day SpO2 monitoring, IP68 + 5ATM water resistance, and supports wireless charging, so you can use your phone to reverse-charge it. On a full charge, HUAWEI WATCH GT 3 Pro 46 mm lasts up to 14 days and HUAWEI WATCH GT 3 Pro 42mm lasts up to 7 days.
HUAWEI WATCH GT 3 Pro specifications
- 1.43-inch (46mm) / 1.32-inch (42.9mm) (466 x 466 pixels) AMOLED display
- ARM Cortex-M processor
- 32MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Compatible with HarmonyOS 2 or later, Android 6.0 or later, iOS 9.0 or later
- Power button + function button, upper button supports the rotatable crown
- Sensors: Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Air pressure sensor, Temperature sensor
- Microphone and Speaker for calls via Bluetooth
- Water and Dust resistant (IP68 + 5ATM)
- 100+ workout modes with automatic exercise detection for the 6 most common types of workout, Sleep tracking, Heart rate tracking, SpO2 tracking, ECG Analysis, Skin temperature measurement
- Watch GT 3 Pro 46mm Dimensions: 46.6×46.6×10.9mm; Weight:54g (without the strap)
- Watch GT 3 42mm Dimensions:42.9×42.9×10.5mm; Weight: 50g (without the strap)
- Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS, NFC
- WATCH GT 3 Pro 46mm: 530mAh battery with up to 14 days of typical use, 8 days with heavy use
- WATCH GT 3 Pro 42mm : 292mAh battery with up to 7 days of typical use, 4 days with heavy use
The HUAWEI Watch GT 3 Pro Ceramic 43mm costs 499 Euros (US$ 525 / Rs. 40,785 approx.) for the leather strap version and the White Ceramic strap version costs 699 Euros (US$ 725 / Rs. 57,130 approx.).
The HUAWEI Watch GT 3 Pro Titanium 46mm costs 369 Euros (US$ 388 / Rs. 30,155 approx.) for the Black Fluroelastomer strap, 389 Euros (US$ 409 / Rs. 31,800 approx.) for the Gray leather strap and the White Titanium strap version costs 499 Euros (US$ 525 / Rs. 40,785 approx.).
HUAWEI WATCH D
The HUAWEI Watch D with support for Blood Pressure and ECG monitoring was introduced in China back in December last year. It features micro air pumps, airbags and other structures, integrates blood pressure measurement technology into the watch, and high-precision pressure sensors, pressure feedback control circuits and low flow resistance air circuits, and achieves a pressure measurement system with an error of ±3mmHg.
There is a built-in polymer, a tension-resistant material in the strap, a curved airbag, and the butterfly buckle makes the pressurization process more stable and improves the accuracy of blood pressure measurement.
It also has ECG high-performance sensor module, which supports ECG signal collection, generates ECG reports in real time, and screens for Atherosclerosis and arrhythmia risks. In addition to blood oxygen, sleep and stress monitoring, it also offers body temperature monitoring.
HUAWEI Watch D specifications
- 1.64-inch (456×280 pixels) HD 2.5D AMOLED touch display, 326
- Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to HarmonyOS 2 and above, Android 6.0 and above iOS 12.0 devices
- IP68 Water-resistant
- GPS and NFC supported
- 6-axis IMU sensor (Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor), Optical heart rate sensor, Temperature Sensor, ALS sensor, Differential pressure sensor, Hall sensor, ECG acquisition sensor
- HUAWEI TruSeen 5.0+ heart rate monitoring, HUAWEI TruSleep 2.0 sleep tracking, HUAWEI TruRelax stress tracking, 70+ workout modes
- Dimensions: 51x38x13.6mm;Weight: 40.9 g (without strap)
- Up to 7 days of battery life with typical usage
The HUAWEI Watch D comes in Graphite Black colour and is priced at 449 Euros (US$ 472 / Rs. 36,675 approx.).
HUAWEI Band 7
The HUAWEI Band 7 is same same 1.47-inch AMOLED 2.5D touch screen, supports 8000+ faces, offers 50m (5 ATM) water resistance, heart rate tracking, 24-Hour Heart Rate Monitoring, blood oxygen (SpO2) monitoring and has 96 workout modes However, this is slightly slimmer at 9.99 mm compared to 10.45 mm in the predecessor and is 16 grams, which is 2 grams lighter.
HUAWEI Band 7 specifications
- 1.47-inch (194×368 pixels) HD 2.5D AMOLED touch display, 283
- Bluetooth 5.0 that connects to Android 6.0 and above and iOS 9.0 and above, NFC (NFC Edition only)
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Optical heart rate sensor
- HUAWEI TruSeen 4.0 heart rate monitoring, HUAWEI TruSleep 2.0 sleep tracking, HUAWEI TruRelax stress tracking, Menstrual cycle tracking
- 96 workout modes including 11 professional workout modes such as indoor and outdoor running, cycling, and rope skipping, and 85 more customized modes, including fitness, ball games, and dancing types
- Music control, remote camera control, quick message reply, incoming call alerts
- Dimensions: 44.35 × 26 × 9.99mm;Weight: 16g
- 180mAh battery offers up to 14 days of battery life with typical usage, 5 minute charge offers two days battery life
The HUAWEI Band 7 comes in Wilderness Green, Flame Red, Graphite Black and Nebula Pink colours and is priced at 59 Euros (US$ 62 / Rs. 4,815 approx.).