vivo just announced the vivo X Note, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, as it had promised. The phone has a large 7-inch 21:10 screen with 2K+ resolution, 120Hz, LTPO adaptive refresh rate, E5 AMOLED panel, and has Display Mate’s A+ rating. It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, comes with vivo’s self-developed V1 chip, has HDR effects and MEMC support.
The phone has a large, 47132mm² cooling area. It features a large ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner. The vivo X Note has a 50MP GN1 rear camera, 48MP ultra-wide camera, portrait lens and up to 60x zoom periscope telephoto camera. There is Zeiss T* lens, Zeiss natural color and Zeiss lens package. The grey and blue colour variants feature a leather back and the black has an AG glass back.
The phone’s motherboard adopts an integrated arch bridge structure, so the thickness of the body is just 8.37mm, and the center of gravity shift design makes the phone feel lighter in the hand, says the company. It has a 5000mAh battery with 80W flash charge fast charging, 50W wireless flash charging that can charge up to 50% in 12 minutes and 100% in 32 minutes. It also supports reverse wireless charging.
vivo X Note specifications
- 7-inch (3080 × 1440 pixels) 2K+ E5 AMOLED LTPO display with 1-120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- OriginOS Ocean based on Android 12
- Dual SIM
- 50MP camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.57 aperture, LED flash, OIS, Zeiss T* coating, V1 chip, 48MP 114° ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX598 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 12MP portrait camera with IMX663 sensor, f/1.98 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 60x super zoom, Laser autofocus
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, barometer
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 168.78×80.31×8.37mm(Black) / 8.75mm (Grey and Blue); Weight: 221g (Black) / 216g (Grey and Blue)
- Water resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The vivo X Note comes in Mountain Blue, Earth Grey and Midnight Black colours, is priced at 5999 yuan (US$ 942 / Rs. 71,450 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB model, 6499 yuan (US$ 1020 / Rs. 77,405 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB model and the top-end 12GB + 512GB model costs 6999 yuan (US$ 1,099 / Rs. 83,360 approx.). Is is available to order and will go on sale in China from April 15th.