After rumours, Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy M53 5G in the M series as the successor to last year’s Galaxy M52. It has a 6.7″ Infinity-O 120Hz FHD+ Super AMOLED screen with a 32MP camera inside the punch-hole, and is powered by Dimensity 900 SoC compared to Snapdragon 778G in the predecessor. This is the second mid-range Samsung phone to get a 108MP rear camera after the Galaxy A73 5G, but this lacks OIS.
Alongside, there is a 8MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras. The rear design is similar to the Galaxy M33 5G. It packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging, but it doesn’t come with a charger in the box.
Samsung Galaxy M53 5G specifications
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 12 with Samsung One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM
- 108MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy M53 5G comes in Blue and Green colours. We should know the price and availability soon.