TRANSSION India has launched new TECNO POVA NEO, the company’s latest smartphone in the POVA series. It has a 6.8-inch HD+ display with 89.42% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio G25 processor with 6GB of RAM, packs a 13-megapixel rear camera along with an AI lens. There is an 8-megapixel camera on the front with dual LED flash. It runs Android 11 with HiOS 7.6.
The phone has a fingerprint sensor on the back, comes with a plastic back, dedicated dual SIM and microSD card lots and packs a 6000mAh battery with support for 18W charging with the charger in the box.
TECNO POVA NEO specifications
- 6.8-inch (1640 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20.5:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display with 480 nits brightness, 120Hz touch sampling rate
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio G25 processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with HiOS 7.6
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Quad LED Flash, secondary AI camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 171.39×77.25×9.1mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IPX2)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 6000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The TECNO POVA NEO comes in Obsidian Black, Geek Blue and POWEHI Black colours, is priced at Rs. 12999 and will be available in the retail stores starting 22nd January 2022. It comes with a complimentary pair of Tecno earbuds worth Rs. 1,499.
Commenting on the launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO of TRANSSION India, said:
2021 was an exciting year for us, TECNO launched around 18 smartphones across our three different product line viz. CAMON, SPARK, and POVA. We also registered an online growth of 73% (Jan-Nov YTD) owing to our popular smartphones like Spark Go 2021, Spark 7T, and POVA 2. We have always endeavored to stay ahead of the curve by consistently introducing best-in-class functional innovations at competitive price points, with better accessibility for Indian consumers.
Stepping into 2022, TECNO will continue with the ‘Segment-First’ approach, and we plan to disrupt the mid-to-high segment of smartphones with diversified offerings from the POVA portfolio. With the best mix of speed, performance, and design, TECNO POVA NEO is packed with superlative features that today’s youth aspire. With the Indian market and its unique requirements at the center of all our strategies, we look forward to bringing in more innovation and redefining the power of innovation with POVA 5G underway.