Garmin has launched Venu 2 Plus, the company’s first smartwatch integrated with voice-calling function and hands-free voice assistance, in India, after it was introduced at the CES earlier this month. This comes after the Venu 2S and Venu 2S GPS smartwatches in the Venu series that were launched in the country last year.
Highlights of Garmin Venu 2 Plus
- 1.3″ (416 x 416 pixels) AMOLED screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, stainless steel bezel
- With new voice calling functionality, the smartwatch offers its users the convenience of making phone calls from their wrist when connected to a smartphone over Bluetooth
- Voice assistance feature that allows the users to respond to texts, ask questions, control compatible smart home devices and support Apple’s Siri, Google Assistant, and Samsung’s Bixby applications.
- Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your compatible smartphone. Send quick prewritten text replies if you have an Android phone, or you can reply with your voice.
- Robust suite of health and fitness features under the concept of ‘Dear Body – Work On A New Look’.
- Health Snapshot aspect in the watch enables the users to log a two-minute session to record key health stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox3, respiration and stress and generate a report via the Garmin Connect app to monitor the statistics.
- Comfortable 20-mm quick release silicone band.
- 25 built-in sport applications with preloaded enhanced high intensity workouts, updated intensity minutes, animated cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates. It has GPS sports apps with favorites that include walking, running, HIIT, cycling, pool swimming, Pilates, yoga, indoor climbing, hiking, advanced strength training with muscle map graphics and more.
- Garmin Connect app offers customizable workouts by choosing from over 1,400 exercises.
- 75+ preset animated workouts for cardio, yoga, strength, HIIT and Pilates that demonstrate proper form and technique in Garmin Connect and on the wrist. The Venu 2 Plus is compatible with Garmin Coach free adaptive training plans.
- Garmin’s safety and tracking features like automatic incident detection (during outdoor walks, runs or rides) and manually triggered assistance alerts, both of which send a message with the user’s location to their emergency contacts.
- LiveTrack lets friends and family track the user’s outdoor activity. Users can assign a designated emergency contact that the Venu 2 Plus can call, such as local emergency services.
- Water-resistant (5ATM or up to 50 meters)
- Built-in music downloads (up to 650 songs including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer) and can be used with either Android or Apple smartphones.
- Up to 9 days in smartwatch mode, up to 24 hours in GPS mode and up to 8 hours in GPS with Music mode. 10 minutes of charging adds up to 1 day of smartwatch mode battery life or 1 hour of GPS with music battery life.
Pricing and availability
The Garmin Venu 2 Plus comes in single 43-mm watch case option in Graphite Black, Cream Gold and Powder Grey colours in India, is priced at Rs. 46,990 and will be available from Amazon.in, Flipkart, Tata CLiQ , Tata Luxury and synergizer.co.in online and GBS stores, Helios, Just in Time and Croma offline starting today.
Commenting on the launch. Ali Rizvi, Director, Garmin India, said:
The wait is over for our first ever smartwatch with voice functionality. Venu 2 Plus is designed and developed with Garmin’s deep experience in health and technology. The smartwatch has also been honoured at the CES 2022 Innovation Awards for outstanding design and engineering. Our users can now enjoy health and tech in a single dial on their wrist. Venu series is one of the most popular series in our portfolio. And, now with new features like phone calls, voice assistant control integrated with all-day health monitoring and customized fitness options, the smartwatch will enhance the experience of the users.