OnePlus just announced the OnePlus 10 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone, at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.7″ Quad HD+ E4 AMOLED curved screen that supports LTPO 2.0 for 1-120Hz variable refresh rate, has a tiny punch-hole that houses a 32MP camera. It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with support for 5G SA/NSA, comes with a graphite sheet and a VC cooling and supports up to 12GB of RAM.
The phone has a 48MP main camera that uses the same Sony IMX789 sensor as the previous generation with OIS, a 50MP ultra-wide-angle Samsung JN1 sensor with 150-degree field of view and 8MP 3.3x telephoto camera.
This is the company’s first smartphone to support 10-bit color photography for all three rear cameras. The second-generation Hasselblad Pro Mode offers 12-bit RAW photography from all the rear cameras, and there is also a RAW+ option. In the 150° ultra-wide camera, there is a Fisheye Mode. Movie Mode on the OnePlus 10 Pro will let users adjust ISO, shutter speed, and more. It also has a LOG format option for videographers.
The phone has a glass with a mate finish, 3D Nanocrystalline Ceramic Lens Cover and metal middle frame is integrated with 3D nanocrystalline ceramic. It has an X-axis linear motor, but there is no IP68 ratings for water resistance that was available in the predecessor.
The OnePlus 10 Pro packs a dual-cell 5000mAh battery with support for 80W SUPERVOOC fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 32 minutes, and the 50W AIRVOOC Wireless fast charging can charge up to 100% in 47 minutes. It also has reverse wireless charging.
OnePlus 10 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3216 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 3D flexible curved AMOLED, LTPO 2.0, 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (in China) / OxygenOS 12 (Global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX789 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 50MP 150° ultra-wide with 1/2.76″ Samsung JN1 sensor, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS 3.3x optical zoom
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Port, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Dual Microphone, Noise Cancelling Microphone
- Dimensions: 163x 73.9 x 8.55mm; Weight: 200.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The OnePlus 10 Pro comes in Volcanic Black and Emerald Forest colours, is priced at 4699 yuan (US$ 737 / Rs. 54,501 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB version, 8GB + 256GB version costs 4999 yuan (US$ 784 / Rs. 57,965 approx.) and the top-end 12GB + 256GB model costs 5299 yuan (US$ 831 / Rs. 61,445 approx.). It is available to order from today and will go on sale in China from January 13th. No details about the global roll-out yet.
OnePlus also introduced a Glossy Silver colour variant of the OnePlus Buds Pro that joins the Matte Black and Glossy White colours.