Along with the Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi also introduced the Xiaomi 12 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone. It packs a 6.73-inch 2K Samsung E5 OLED 1-120Hz LTPO display that uses micro-lens technology—elevating viewing experience while increasing smart energy-saving capability. It supports up to 1500 nit peak brightness, support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, 16000 brightness-level adjustments.
The screen has TrueColor display, and professional color calibration that allows accurate representation of 1.07 billion colors on the display.
The smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, which supports up to 6400Mbps transfer rate and new generation UFS 3.1 that offers sequential write speeds of up to 1450MBs. The cooling system has an extra-large 2900mm² VC and 3 large heat dissipation graphite sheets, which further enhances cooling performance for stable use, while the antenna area is also covered with white graphene.
It features a 50MP custom Sony IMX707 sensor with an ultra-large 1/1.28″ sensor which utilizes 2.44μm 4-in-1 pixels. The advanced camera system setup improves light capturing capabilities by 49% compared to the previous generation, says Xiaomi. It uses 50MP JN1 sensor for the 115° ultra-wide camera and 50MP 2x telephoto camera for portrait shots.
The camera features smart visual tracking capability that can simultaneously identify human eyes and figures, as well as pets, for stable and accurate focusing. The advanced machine learning algorithm allows the system to quickly analyze features of the focused subject, even if shape, angle, or color change. This offers stable and smooth tracking for moving objects, just by double tapping.
The phone has symmetrical dual speakers that utilizes a frequency division scheme, enabling excellent audio experience with high frequency ductility supported by a customized mid-woofer and tweeter. It is tuned SOUND BY Harmon Kardon offering a vivid, natural sound experience in three dimensions and also comes with Dolby Atmos support.
It packs a 4,600mAh battery with first 120W single cell fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 18 minutes, thanks to Xiaomi’s own Surge P1 charging IC that offers a solution to industry issues of having both high output and capacity, filling a need for single-cell batteries with charging over 100W. The phone also has 50W wireless charging for 100% charge in 42 minutes and 10W reverse wireless charging.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specifications
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.28″ Sony IMX707 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 50MP Samsung JN1 115° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Samsung JN1 2x portrait camera with f/1.9 aperture, 48mm focal length, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.6×74.6×8.16mm; Weight: 205g (glass) / 204g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi 12 Pro comes in Black, Blue, and Purple colours with a glass back and Green vegan leather version and is priced at 4,699 yuan (US$ 737 / Rs. 55,115 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 4,999 yuan (US$ 785 / Rs. 58,635 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 5,399 yuan (US$ 847 / Rs. 63,325 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB versions. It is available to order from today and will go on sale in China starting from December 31st.