vivo has launched the Y55s 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the Y series, in China. It features a 6.58-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 8MP front camera inside the water drop notch, is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA, has 8GB of RAM with extended RAM technology and packs a 50MP main + 2MP macro camera.
The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a huge 6000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
vivo Y55s 5G specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 11 with OriginOS 1.0
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.87×75.33x 9.17mm; Weight: 199.8g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5880mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The vivo Y55s 5G comes in Mirror Blue, Sakura Pink and Ceramic Black colours, is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 267 / Rs. 20,220 approx.) and will go on sale in China soon.