Truecaller has released Truecaller Version 12”, a major update which the company says bring several user-focused enhancements, and claims that it is the best version of Truecaller yet. This brings Video Caller ID, a redesigned interface, Call Recording, Ghost call and Call Announce.
It already has Call Alerts, Call Reason, Full Screen Caller ID, Inbox Cleaner, advanced messaging features like Smart SMS, backup of SMS/contacts and support for 46 languages.
New features in Truecaller 12:
- Video Caller ID – Video Caller ID is a fun feature that allows you to set a short video that plays automatically when you call friends and family. You can choose from one of the built-in video templates or record your own. This will be available for all Truecaller Android users.
- Streamlined New Interface – Based on feedback from users over the past year, Truecaller now has separate tabs to show all of your SMS, Truecaller Group Chats and individual chats with just one tap.
- Call Recording – Call Recording was initially introduced as a Premium only feature, but it’s now back and available to everyone running Android 5.1 and newer. With Call Recording, you can record all incoming and outgoing calls, regardless of whether your device manufacturer includes the feature or not. All recordings are stored locally on the device storage and cannot be accessed by Truecaller. You can listen to or delete recordings within Truecaller or by using a file browser. Recordings can also be shared easily using email, Bluetooth or any messaging service. This is an optional feature, and you can start recording with a single tap in either Full-Screen or Pop Up Caller ID after the initial setup process.
- Ghost Call – Ghost call is a clever little hack to help Truecaller users get out of sticky situations or play a harmless prank on friends. With Ghost Call, you can set any name, number and photo to make it appear as if you are getting a call from that person. If you prefer, you can also just choose a contact from your phone book. If you would like to receive the Ghost Call at a later time, you can schedule it. Ghost Call will only be available to Truecaller Premium and Gold subscribers.
- Call Announce – If you enable this new optional feature, Truecaller will speak the caller ID for incoming phone calls out loud. This works for saved contacts as well as for numbers identified by Truecaller on both normal voice calls or Truecaller HD Voice calls. It can be quite useful to know who’s calling without even looking at your screen. If you prefer, this can also be enabled while wearing headphones. Like Ghost Call, Call Announce will only be available to Premium and Gold subscribers.
Truecaller 12 with new features will be gradually be rolled for all Android users in India in the coming weeks and several other countries soon.
Commenting on the launch of Truecaller 12, Rishit Jhunjhunwala, Chief Product officer and Managing Director, Truecaller India, said:
Truecaller is a vital part of communication for over 22 crore Indians, for both their professional and personal needs. We are humbled by the level of trust people have shown in us but we are also driven by the goal of transforming communication. We also continue to remain focused on user demands and meet them with innovative solutions and offerings. All these new features will allow people to enjoy and exercise greater control over their communication, offering a safe, fun and fulfilling experience at the same time. We worked hard to add many new features and a streamlined interface without adding complexity. At the same time, the app is faster and leaner, allowing for smoother operation and reduced battery consumption.