Fossil has announced the launch of their latest Gen 6 smartwatch in India. It features the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+ SoC, a 1.28-inch touchscreen digital display, a fast charging battery, a Sp02 sensor, speaker functionality and more.
The Fossil Gen 6 has upgraded heart sensors that allow continuous tracking and with the addition of the SpO2 sensor, the watch is also capable of measuring blood oxygen levels. It comes in 2 sizes – a 44mm size that has 4 colour options and a 42mm size with 3 colour options. Powering the smartwatch is the new Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+ platform, which should enable faster application load times, smoother user experiences, and improved power consumption.
The watch is eligible for the WearOS 3 upgrade in 2022. The battery life is rated at more than 24 hours of battery life (based on usage) or multiple days in Extended Battery Mode. It also supports fast charging, where a 30-minute charge will top up the battery to 80%.
- 1.28-inch touchscreen AMOLED display
- Stainless steel case, topring and pushers
- 44mm and 42mm case size options
- Swim proof (up to 3 ATM)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear4100+
- 8 GB of storage and 1 GB RAM
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 LE, WiFi, GPS, NFC SE
Customizable dials and button functionality
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Altimeter, PPG Heart Rate, SpO2, Off-body IR, Ambient Light
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets
- Wear OS by Google
- 4 pin USB fast charging with magnetic puck
The Fossil Gen 6 will be available for purchase from September 27th on Fossil.in and Amazon and starts at Rs. 23,995 for the 42mm model and goes up to Rs. 24,995 for the 44mm. Pre-bookings for the watch will start from September 25th.