HMD Global just announced Nokia G50, the company’s latest 5G smartphone in the G series, after rumours. It has a 6.67-inch HD+ V-notch display with an 8MP camera inside the notch with digital stabilization, is powered by Snapdragon 480 5G SoC and runs Android 11 with 2 years of software upgrades and three years of monthly security updates. The phone has a 48MP main camera, 5MP UW and a 2MP depth cameras.
It has a signature Nordic design that inspires all Nokia smartphones, comes with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and the back offers a flair effect under the matte back and packs a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Nokia G50 specifications
- 6.82-inch (720×1640 pixels) HD+ display with up to 450 nits brightness, 70% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPUs) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 5MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 173.83×77.68×8.85mm; Weight: 220g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The Nokia G50 comes in Ocean Blue and Midnight Sun colours, is priced at €230 (US$ 269 / Rs. 19,925 approx.) / £199 for the 4GB + 64GB version and will roll out in UK and Europe soon.