Meizu today announced Meizu Watch, the company’s first smartwatch in China. It has a 1.78-inch AMOLED touch screen with 100+ watch faces, 2.5D Gorilla Glass screen, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 with 1GB of RAM, runs Flyme for Watch system based on Android and has support for eSIM for 4G and calling through all the major operators in China. It has 13 sports modes, heart rate, blood oxygen, sleep, and pressure monitoring. There is GPS with option to monitor the whereabouts of family members and SOS emergency calls.
It can show heart rate abnormalities and has Aicy assistant. According to Meizu, this watch will be compatible with Android and HarmonyOS phones. It promises up to 33 hours of battery life on 4G and can charge fully in 45 minutes. The watch also supports 15 minutes of charge offers 9 hours of use. The charging base of Meizu Watch adopts a detachable design so that the USB-C charging cable can be detached from the base so that you can use the same charger cable.
Meizu Watch specifications
- 1.78-inch (368 x 448 pixels) AMOLED 326PPI screen with up to 500 nits brightness, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- Flyme for Watch based on Android with support for Android and iOS
- Sports, Activity, Sleep, Heart Rate and SpO2 (Blood Oxygen) tracking
- Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, SpO2 sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer
- Swim Proof
- 4G VoLTE (via eSIM), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+GLONASS+BEIDOU, NFC
- Dimensions: 46 x 38.4 x 11.5~12.97mm; Weight: 43g (without strap) / 69g (with strap)
- Speaker, microphone for voice calling
- 430mAh (typical) / 420mAh (minimum) battery with up to 33 hours of battery life on 4G
The Meizu Watch comes in Black and Blue colours with aluminium alloy frame and a rubber strap, is priced at 1,499 yuan (US$ 235 / Rs. 17,075 approx.) and is already on sale in China.