RedMagic today announced the RedMagic 6R gaming phone in China. It features a 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 144Hz refresh rate with adaptive refresh rate that can be switched between 30Hz / 60Hz / 90Hz / 120Hz / 144Hz, has 400Hz single finger touch sampling rate and 360Hz multi-finger touch sampling rate. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 888 with 5G SA/NSA, VC liquid cooling and graphene heat dissipation technology and runs RedMagic OS 4.0 based on Android 11.
It has a quad-camera setup (64MP Sony IMX682 +8MP+5MP+2MP) and a 16MP front camera. The phone has 400Hz dual shoulder gaming triggers, packs a 4200mAh battery with 55W fast charging, but the global version will come with 30W fast charging.
RedMagic 6R specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate, 770 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory / 12GB / LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Android 11 with Redmagic OS 4.0
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX682 sensor, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 5MP macro camera, 2MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Stereo speakers, Smart PA
- Dimensions:163.04×75.34×7.8mm; Weight: 186g
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS ( L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh battery with 55W (30w for global) fast charging
The Nubia Red Magic 6R comes in Black and Silver colours, is priced at 2,999 yuan (US$ 470 / Rs. 34,155 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB, 3,299 yuan (US$ 517 / Rs. 37,580 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 3,599 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 40,995 approx.) for 12GB + 128GB and the top-end 12GB + 256GB version costs 3,899 yuan (US$ 611 / Rs. 44,420 approx.).
There is also a Victorious Fighting Buddha Special Edition with Black and Yellow finish, matching themes and wallpaper at 3,999 yuan (US$ 627 / Rs. 45,555 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB version. It will get a 300 yuan discount when it goes on sale for the first time in China on June 1st. It will roll out globally in early June.