OPPO today announced that it will launch A53s 5G, the company’s new budget 5G smartphone in India on April 27th. This will be priced under Rs. 15,000, cheaper than the A74 5G which was launched in India earlier this week priced at Rs. 17990. The company has also confirmed that it will be powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC, which made it debut in India with the realme 8 5G yesterday.
The teaser of the phone shows a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and triple rear cameras for the phone. This should be same as the OPPO A55 which was launched in China recently.
OPPO A53s 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen, up to 480 nits brightness, 71% NTSC color gamut
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 163.9×75.7×8.4mm; Weight: 186g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4890mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO A53s 5G will be launched exclusively on Flipkart, and we should know the price when it goes official next Tuesday.