OnePlus today launched the most expected OnePlus Watch, as it had promised. The round design emulates the look of a traditional watch, with a smooth arc on the side of the case that is hand-polished with more than 20 treatments for a refined finish, said the company. It has 46mm stainless steel case with 2.5D curved glass on the face and a subtle yet radiant glossy CD pattern on the display bezel for an added touch of class.
The OnePlus Watch Cobalt Limited Edition is crafted from cobalt alloy, a unique hypoallergenic material that is twice as hard and more corrosion-resistant than traditional stainless steel. Meanwhile, the watch face is made from specially-treated sapphire glass, with a Mohs rating of 9, for enhanced brightness and exceptional scratch resistance. It comes with Vegan leather strap with butterfly buckle and an additional Fluoroelastomer strap.
The watch as a 1.39-inch AMOLED screen to conveniently view and respond to notifications, make and answer phone calls, play music and take photos. It comes with 4 GB of standalone storage (2GB for actual use) to store over 500 songs, and is compatible with most Bluetooth earbuds for wireless music playback on the go. It also connects with the OnePlus TV, acting as a smart remote control that can lower volume when a call comes in or even turn off the TV before when it detects that you have fallen asleep.
It has 5ATM + IP68 water and dust resistance and 110+ workout types. The watch has built-in GPS to track all your activity accurately, even when the phone is not next to you. It also offers blood oxygen saturation monitoring, stress detection, breathing training, rapid heart rate alerts and sedentary reminders, all easily manageable on the OnePlus Health app. The company already confirmed that it uses proprietary OS based on RTOS. It has not mentioned anything about the processor used and app support in the smartwatch.
The OnePlus Watch has a 402 mAh battery that promises up to two weeks of sustainable use, as well as up to a week of power for the most active users. It has fast charging that offers all-day power in just five minutes or a week’s power in just 20 minutes.
OnePlus Watch specifications
- 1.39-inch (454 x 454 pixels) AMOLED 326PPI screen, scratch resistant sapphire glass
- ST32 + Apollo 3 + Cypress processors
- Support for Android 6.0 or later
- 110+ Workout modes including automatic workout detection for jogging and running
- Shows metrics such as pulse, distance, calories, speed monitoring and SWOLF efficiency for swimmers.
- Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate and blood oxygen sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, Capacitance sensor
- Water resistant (5ATM / 50 Meters+ IP68)
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- 4GB storage for standalone music playback
- Microphone and speakers to attend calls
- Dimensions:46.4×46.4mm×10.9mm; Weight: Classic 45g（without strap / 76g (with strap), Cobalt Limited Edition 45g (without strap), 67g（with strap）
- 402mAh battery with up to 14 days for typical use, 5 days with sleep blood oxygen monitoring, 25 hours continuous exercise with GPS, 20-minute charge for a week’s use
The OnePlus Watch Classic Edition in Midnight Black and Moonlight Silver colours with Fluoroelastomer strap and will be available at a special launch price of Rs. 14,999 from Amazon.in online and offline stores in April 2021. After the offer ends it will be available from Rs. 16,999.
Upcoming offers on the OnePlus Watch:
- Additional instant discount of INR 2000 on the OnePlus Watch using SBI Card – credit cards and EMI transactions till 30 April 2021.