Motorola recently scheduled an event on March 25th where the company is expected to introduce the Moto G100, the global version of the Motorola edge s that was introduced in China earlier this year. Now the press renders of the phone has surfaced in Iridescent Ocean colour variant, thanks to @evleaks. The specifications are expected to be similar to the edge s, but the phone is said to come in 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version, feature a microSD expansion slot and a Google Assistant button on the left side.
— Motorola (@Moto) March 10, 2021
Motorola posted a teaser video for the phone earlier this month.
Earlier rumours revealed that the new Motorola desktop mode will be introduced along with the smartphone. Now the new leak says that it will sell an HDMI cradle that offer a PC-like desktop experience when connected to a monitor and input peripherals.
Moto G100 rumoured specifications
- 6.7-inch (2520× 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 21:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, 560 nits brightness, HDR10, DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 16MP 121° ultra-wide angle lens with PDAF, 2.8cm macro, 2MP depth sensor, ToF sensor, audio zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera, 8MP 100° ultra-wide camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Google Assistant button
- Dimensions: 168.38×73.97×9.63mm; Weight: 215g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 20W turbo charging
The phone is also expected to come in Silver version. We should know the price of the smartphone when it is launched on March 25th.