iQOO just announced the iQOO Neo 5 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in China as it had promised. It packs a 6.62-inch Full HD+ 120Hz refresh rate AMOLED screen with 300Hz touch sampling rate, peak brightness 1,300 nits, support for HDR10+, built-in Pixelworks X5 Pro display enhancement chip, DC dimming and 91.45% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 870 with support for 5G SA / NSA, liquid cooling system and 6000mm² graphite board, and the heat dissipation volume has been increased to 210% compared to the previous generation, said the company.
The phone has an in-display fingerprint scanner, 48MP IMX598 main camera with OIS, 13MP ultra-wide camera with 2.5cm macro shooting capabilies and a 2MP mono depth sensor. It has a 16MP punch-hole front camera. The phone has 4D Game Vibration 3.0, comes with AG glass back and packs a 4,400mAh battery that supports up to 66W wired fast charging that can charge the phone from 0 to 100% in half an hour, and it also supports 45W USB-PD charging.
iQOO Neo 5 5G specifications
- 6.62-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 105% NTSC color gamut, up to 1,300 nits brightness
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 8GB / 12GBLPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OriginOS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP camera with IMX598 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 13MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro support, 2MP mono sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Fi audio
- Dimensions: 163.34x 76.37x 8.43mm; Weight:196g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4,400mAh (Typical) battery with 66W superfast flash charging
The iQOO Neo 5 5G comes in Black, Cloud Blue and Pixel Orange colours. It starts at 2499 yuan (US$ 384 / Rs. 27,880 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2699 yuan (US$ 415 / Rs. 30,110 approx.) and the top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2999 yuan (US$ 461 / Rs. 33,455 approx.).