Update: More press images and complete specifications of the XCover 5 rugged smartphone have surfaced ahead of the launch.
Press image Samsung Galaxy XCover 5, the company’s new rugged smartphone in the XCover series has surfaced, thanks to @evleaks. Based on earlier leaks the phone is said to pack a 5.3-inch HD+ Display, 16MP rear camera, 5MP front camera and a 3000mAh battery. We can expect enhanced touchscreen to work in any condition, including rain or snow, glove mode, IP68 water and dust resistant body and MIL-STD 810G certification for reliable protection against extreme altitude, humidity, and other severe environmental conditions.
Geekbench listing with the model SM-G525F surfaced recently revealing Snapdragon 850 SoC, 4GB of RAM and Android 11.
Samsung Galaxy XCover 5 rumoured specifications
- 5.3-inch (1480 x 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen, Wet Touch, Glove Mode, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Exynos 850 Octa-Core (2GHz Quad + 2GHz Quad) 8nm processor with Mali-G52
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with Samsung One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G
- Dimensions: 147.1 x 71.6 x 9.2 mm; Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh removable battery with 15W fast charging
It is said to be priced around 289 Euros (US$ 348 / Rs. 25,375 approx.) when it is launched sometime later this month.