After almost a year of introducing the P40 series smartphones with 5G support, HUAWEI has silently introduced the P40 4G version with the Kirin 990 4G SoC while retaining other specifications. It has a 6.1-inch FHD+ Flex OLED screen with 3.48mm, 4.47mm and 3mm ultra narrow borders on the top, bottom and sides, respectively, runs Android 10 with EMUI 10.1 on top with HMS, has in-display fingerprint scanner, and a 50MP Ultra Vision Camera , 16MP ultra-wide camera and 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom.
There is a 32MP AF Camera and IR Depth Camera that support autofocus and Bokeh reproduction, as well as IR Face Unlock for device unlock even in low light conditions. It packs a 3800mAh battery with 22.5W SuperCharge.
HUAWEI P40 4G specifications
- 6.1-inch (2340 x 1080 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 4G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM (nano SIM + eSIM)
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, 16MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, dual-tone LED flash
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Camera for Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP53)
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 148.3×71.6×8.5mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 3800mAh (typical) battery with 22.5W SuperCharge
The HUAWEI P40 4G comes in Dark Blue and Frost Silver colours, is priced at 3988 yuan (US$ 617 / Rs. 45,520 approx.) and will go on sale in China through jd.com and other channels soon.