Sony showed off Xperia PRO smartphone along with Xperia 1 II back in February last year. After almost one year the company has announced that it is available for order in the US priced at $2,499.99 (Rs. 1,80,204 approx.).
It has almost similar specifications as the Xperia I II but this includes 5G mmWave and 5G Sub-6 for high-speed data transfer, 360-degree antenna design that produces the most effective way to capture high-band frequency 5G mmWave signals. In addition, the low dielectric constant material used in the chassis of the Xperia PRO enables radio waves to pass through more easily.
It also has a dedicated HDMI input – allowing users to enhance their workflow by connecting the device to an Alpha camera or any other HDMI input equipped camerai to enable a 5G data link to broadcast video in real-time. Using compatible third-party live-streaming applications, Xperia PRO can stream video content from a camera that is connected to the HDMI input to an RTMP server or directly to popular social media platforms.
It has a dedicated shortcut button on the side, which can be assigned to launch a frequently used feature including Network Visualizer that is developed for Xperia PRO provides easy-to-understand visualization of the signal direction, communication method and communication speed of the device to help camera operators on location locate the best spot for live transmissions. This feature shows the current signal reception, indicates the direction of the 5G signal that is being received and provides communication throughput and histogram.
Sony Xperia PRO specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, X1 for mobile, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB RAM, 512GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170 × 76.2 × 10.1mm; Weight: 225g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (mmWave + sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging