OPPO has announced A55, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the A series in China. It features a 6.5-inch HD+ display with 88.7% screen-to-body ratio. The phone is powered by Mediatek Dimensity 700 with support for 5G SA/NSA, 6GB of RAM, runs Android 11 with ColorOS 7.2 11 on top, packs triple rear cameras that includes a 13-megapixel main camera, 2-megapixel macro and a 2-megapixel portrait camera sensor.
It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds and packs a 5000mAh battery.
OPPO A55 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) 20:9 HD+ LCD screen with up to 480 nits brightness, 71% NTSC color gamut
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 2MP macro and 2MP portrait camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 163.9×75.7×8.4mm; Weight: 186g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
The OPPO A55 comes in Rhythm Black and Brisk Blue colours, is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 246 / Rs. 17,985 approx.) and is on sale in China.