Flipkart has launched its new Flipkart SmartPack subscription-based offering that guarantees money-back on new smartphone purchases after a 12 or 18-month tenure. Starting January 17, 2021 with the Flipkart SmartPack, consumers can purchase a brand-new smartphone on the Flipkart app with a 100% money-back guarantee, said Flipkart.
Flipkart SmartPack plans and how it works
- You can choose between 6 pack options across two tenures 12 & 18 months and three tiers — Gold, Silver & Bronze.
- When you return your Device at the end of the tenure you get 60% to 100% Money Back on the smartphone as per the pack chosen.
- You need to pay full amount for the Device when you buy it along with the plan price for the first month. You will also have to pay the plan price as per the pack chosen by you every month for the duration of the tenure chosen by you in order to continue enjoying the benefit of the services and to receive the money back against the Device amount at the end of the tenure.
- For example: If you buy a Phone worth Rs.10,000 along with a SmartPack worth Rs.879 per month then you need to pay Rs.10,879 upfront and then pay Rs.879 per month for the tenure chosen by you.
- The amount paid for the phone will be credited in the customer’s bank account at the end of the selected tenure. However, Flipkart says that device can only be returned in any working condition.
- Customers can choose from a range of SmartPacks which include in-app services from SonyLiv Premium, Zee5 Premium, Voot Select, Zomato Pro, Cult.fit Live and Practo Plus, among others.
- SmartPack will be available for most smartphone models in the Rs 6,000-17,000 price range, across popular brands like realme, POCO, Samsung, Redmi, Motorola, Infinix, OPPO, vivo and more.
- You can pay for your pack every month on Flipkart app using any payment method except Cash & EMI.
- You can also choose to cancel the pack in between the tenure, however you will not be able to continue accessing the subscribed services or claim the money back benefit at the end of the tenure.
- You cannot change the plan tier or money back once you have chosen & bought a pack.
Flipkart SmartPacks are available in select regions only.
Speaking about the launch of Flipkart SmartPack, Aditya Soni – Senior Director, Mobiles, Flipkart, said:
Today, the smartphone has become one of the most important gadgets to us. Our lives have changed so much this past year and the smartphone has become the go-to resource for a host of growing requirements from entertainment to healthcare services. In line with our consistent effort to solve every consumer need, we are delighted to partner with leading brands and service providers for the launch of Flipkart SmartPack. This is yet another step in our commitment to expand our portfolio of value-added services for consumers by bundling new smartphones with some of the most popular premium services, and making them available at affordable prices. We believe this launch will add a new positive perspective to smartphone ownership.