At the OPPO Developer’s event in China the company announced a new ECG edition of the OPPO Watch that was first introduced back in March. As the name indicates, it comes with ECG support that lets customers take an electrocardiogram right from their wrist, capturing heart rhythm in a moment when they experience symptoms like a rapid or skipped heart beat.
Other specifications including 1.91-inch 3D flexible AMOLED 326 PPI Retina display, 50 meter water resistance, eSIM support for 4G and native calling, NFC support for payment and Snapdragon 2500 & Apollo 3 dual processors are similar.
OPPO Watch ECG Edition specifications
- 1.91-inch (402 x 476 pixels) curved AMOLED screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 2500 & Apollo 3 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- 3-axis accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Barometric pressure sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, ECG sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Tracking indoor and outdoor running, outdoor walking, outdoor cycling, swimming and more
- ColorOS Watch, compatible with Android 6.0 and above
- Water resistant (5ATM + IPX8)
- 4G via eSIM, Wi-Fi 802.11n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, built-in GPS, NFC for payments
- 430mAh (typical) / 416mAh (minimum) with 40 hours of usage, 21 days in long battery mode
The OPPO Watch ECG Edition comes in Silver colour with a silicone band, is priced at 2,499 yuan (US$ 366 / Rs. 27,050 approx.) and will go on sale in China starting from September 28 with orders starting from today.
OPPO Smart TV
OPPO also confirmed that it will introduce its first smart TV in October. It said that it will invest a total of 200 million yuan for ioT development. OPPO added that it will always hold an open mind, with the vision of “free and intelligent life”, and continue to explore the IoT ecosystem.