ASUS just announced ASUS ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro smartphones at an event in Taiwan, as it had promised. These pack a 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 200Hz touch sampling rate, DC Dimming and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The ZenFone 7 is powered by Snapdragon 865 and the ZenFone 7 Pro is powered by 865+, both with support for 5G SA/NSA, up to 8GB LPDDR5 and run Android 10 with Zen UI 7 on top.
ASUS has upgraded the dual flip camera on the ZenFone 6 to triple flip cameras that includes a 64MP main camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 12MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX363 sensor that is also capable of shooting macro and an 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical and up to 12x digital zoom. The main camera and the telephoto camera come with 4-axis OIS (optical image stabilization) in the ZenFone 7 Pro.
ASUS says that the Flip Camera in ZenFone 7 has new, 40% smaller, yet more powerful stepper motor and the angle sensor has offers more precise 0.5-degree steps control of the flip angle, and it can also memorize your three favourite flip positions for quick angle switching. It has been tested for 200,000 continuous flips. The ZenFone 7 series pack a 5000mAh battery with support for 30W Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging.
ASUS ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 90Hz AMOLED HDR 20:9 aspect ratio display, 110% DCI-P3, 105% NTSC color gamut, 700 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- ZenFone 7 Pro – 3.1 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- ZenFone 7 – 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- ZenFone 7 Pro – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- ZenFone 7 – 6GB/ 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10 with ZenUI 7
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 4-axis OIS (only in 7 Pro), 12MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 4cm macro mode, 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, up to 12x digital zoom, 4-axis OIS (only in 7 Pro), 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, 4k ultra-wide, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- USB Type-C Hi-Res audio, 5-magnet stereo speaker with dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifier, Triple microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology
- Side-mounted fingerprint recognition sensor
- Dimensions: 165.08×77.28×9.6mm; Weight: 230g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) with 30W fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro come in Pastel White and Aurora Black colours. The ZenFone 7 is priced at NT$21,999 (US$ 749 / Rs. 55,700 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs NT$23,999 (US$ 817 / Rs. 60,765 approx.). The Zenfone 7 Pro is priced at NT$27,990 (US$ 953 / Rs. 70,895 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 512GB storage version. Both these are available to order in Taiwan starting today.