Gionee just launched Gionee Max, the company’s latest budget phone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6.1-inch HD+ 2.5D curved glass Dewdrop display, is powered by 1.6GHz octa-core Unisoc SC9863A processor, runs Android 10, features an 13-megapixel rear camera along with a depth sensor and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It has support for face unlock but the phone doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner. The phone packs a 5000mAh battery with support for reverse that lets you charge other phones.
Gionee Max specifications
- 6.1-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Unisoc SC9863A processor with IMG8322 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary Bokeh Lens
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 148 x 70.9 x 10.75mm; Weight: 185 g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB port
- 5000mAh (typical) battery
The Gionee Max comes in Black, Red and Royal Blue colours and will be available from Flipkart starting from August 31st at a special price of Rs. 5999.
Commenting on the launch Pardeep Jain, Managing Director, JIPL that manages Gionee in India said:
The consumer of today’s Aspirational, Digital and New Bharat is seeking for an Affordable Super Smartphone. Gionee’s partnership with Flipkart will lead to better understanding of the pulse of the Bharat Consumer. Gionee Max’s launch is the beginning of a new era for Gionee brand in India.