Apple has updated its 27-inch iMac with 10th gen Intel processors, up to 10 cores, up to 128GB of RAM, next-generation AMD graphics, up to 8TB of SSD storage, True tone display with a new nano-texture glass option, a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, higher fidelity speakers, and studio-quality mics.
The iMac Pro has a 27-inch Retina 5K (5120 x 2880 pixels) display with support for 1 billion colors, 500 nits brightness, Wide color (P3) and True Tone technology and Nano-Texture Option, is powered by 6- and 8-core 10th-generation Intel processors with AMD Radeon Pro 5000 series graphics that promises up to 55% faster graphics performance, has 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory, which is configurable up to 128GB and has 256GB / 512GB SSD options, configurable to 8TB.
- Apple T2 Security Chip with storage controller provides on-the-fly data encryption for everything stored on the SSD. Also checks that software loaded during the boot process has not been tampered with.
- The nano-texture glass option offers even better viewing under various lighting conditions, such as a bright room or indirect sunlight. Unlike typical matte finishes that have a coating added to the surface to scatter light, this industry-leading option is produced through an innovative process that etches the glass itself at the nanometer level.
- The FaceTime HD camera now features 1080p resolution, while the Image Signal Processor in the T2 Security Chip brings tone mapping, exposure control, and face detection for a much higher quality camera experience.
- The T2 Security Chip also works with the speakers to enable variable EQ for better balance, higher fidelity, and deeper bass.
- A new studio-quality microphone array enables users to capture high-quality audio for improved FaceTime calls, podcast recordings, Voice Memos, and more, right on their iMac.
21.5-inch iMac and iMac Pro gets updated
Apple also updated its 21.5-inch iMac that now comes standard with SSDs across the line for the first time. There is also option to configure the 21.5-inch iMac with a Fusion Drive.
iMac Pro now comes standard with a 10-core 3.0 GHz Xeon W processor and features Xeon processors up to 18 cores, graphics performance up to 22 teraflops, up to 256GB quad-channel ECC memory, and a 27-inch Retina 5K display.
Pricing and Availability
- 27-inch 5K Retina iMac with 3.1GHz 6‑core 10th-gen Intel Core i5, 4GB Radeon Pro 5300 GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – Rs. 1,69,900
- 27-inch 5K Retina iMac with 3.3GHz 6‑core 10th-gen Intel Core i5, 4GB Radeon Pro 5300 GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD – Rs. 1,89,900
- 27-inch 5K Retina iMac with 3.8GHz 8‑core 10th-gen Intel Core i7, 8GB Radeon Pro 5500 XT GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD – Rs. 2,19,900
- 21.5-inch Full HD iMac with 2.3GHz dual‑core Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – Rs. 99,900
- 21.5-inch Retina 4K iMac with 3.6GHz quad‑core Intel Core i3, 2GB Radeon Pro 555X GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – Rs. 1,19,900
- 21.5-inch Retina 4K iMac with 3GHz 6-core Intel Core i5, 4GB Radeon Pro 560X GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – Rs. 1,39,900
- 5K Retina iMac Pro with 3.0GHz Intel Xeon W, 8GB Radeon Pro Vega 56 GPU, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD – Rs. 4,64,900
The new 27-inch iMac and updated models of the 21.5-inch iMac and iMac Pro will be available in select Apple Authorised Resellers later this month.