Vivo has silently announced Y51s, the company’s latest 5G smartphone in China. It has a 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 90.72% screen-to-body ratio, houses a 16-megapixel camera in the punch-hole and is powered by Samsung Exynos 880 SoC with built-in SA & NSA dual-mode 5G. The phone also uses 90mm liquid-cooled heat dissipation heat pipes and multi-layer PGS graphite heat sinks close to 10,000 square millimetres, combined with thermally conductive gel that promises up to 10° C temperature reduction.
The phone has a 48-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel depth and a 2-megapixel macro sensor and an 8-megapixel front camera. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that can unlock the phone in 0.18 seconds and packs a 4500mAh battery with support for 18W dual-engine fast charging.
Vivo Y51s specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5: 9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core Exynos 880 (2 x Cortex-A77 @ 2.0 GHz + 6x Cortex-A55 @ 1.8 GHz) 8nm processor with ARM Mali-G76 MP5 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable up to 256GB with micoSD
- Android 10 with Funtouch OS 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 48MP primary sensor with f/1.79 aperture + 2MP depth sensor + 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.05 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 162.05×76.61×8.46mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB port
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The Vivo Y51s comes in Black, Blue and White colours, is priced at 1798 yuan (US$ 256 / Rs. 19,175 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and will on sale in China from July 29.