OPPO has announced A72 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in China. It features a 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD 90Hz 2.8D display with 8-megapixel punch-hole camera and 90.5% screen-to-body ratio, is the first phone to be powered by Mediatek Dimensity 720 with support for 5G SA/NSA, 8GB of RAM, runs Android 10 with ColorOS 7.2 on top, packs triple rear cameras that includes a 16-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 2-megapixel mono sensor.
It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that can unlock the phone in 0.28 seconds and packs a 4040mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging via USB Type-C.
OPPO A72 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 90Hz LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 720 7nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10
- 16MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens, 2MP mono camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162.2×75.0×7.9mm; Weight: 175g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4040mAh (typical) / 3945mAh (minimum) battery with 18W charging
The OPPO A72 5G comes in Black, Violet and Neon colours, is priced at 1899 yuan (US$ 270 / Rs. 20,220 approx.) and is already available for order.