At its online event Sony revealed the design PlayStation 5, and announced that it comes in two models, the PlayStation 5 console with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive and a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition without a disc drive. Other features and the overall design are similar that includes USB-A port and USB-C port along with a power button.
The company already gave us a glimpse of the DualSense Wireless Controller, now it has posted the image of the controllers on the charging station that can charge two controllers at a time.
It has also revealed other accessories for the PS5 that includes PULSE 3D Wireless Headset offering 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones, HD Camera featuring dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their gameplay moments and a media remote with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services.
The company already confirmed the specifications. The PS5 will pack 8-core AMD Zen 2 based CPU, RDNA 2 based GPU with 36 compute units, 16GB GDDR6 RAM that is complemented with custom 825GB NVMe SSD which is connected to the main processor via a four-lane PCI Express 4.0 interconnect. It will feature Tempest Audio engine which can process hundreds of sound sources in high quality to provide excellent sound presence and locality.
PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios, second-party partners and third-party publishers and developers
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
- Bugsnax (Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall™ (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore® (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm™ (Oddworld Inhabitants™)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia* (Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)
The PlayStation 5 will be available for the holiday season this year, which is around December 2020, and we will know the price closer to the launch.