Along with the Redmi 10X series, Xiaomi’s Redmi brand also introduced the RedmiBook 16 in China, as it had promised. It has a 16.1-inch Full HD screen with 3.26mm ultra narrow bezels and 90% screen-to-body ratio, Ryzen 4000 series 7nm processors with Radeon GPU and up to 16GB of RAM. It is just 17.55mm thick and weighs 1.8kg.
The RedmiBook 16 has 8nn heat pipe for maximum heat transfer and a large size fan. It has full-sized keyboard with 1.5mm key travel and 0.3mm custom key cap for a comfortable typing experience.
RedmiBook 16 specifications
- 16.1-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 16:9 display, 178° wide viewing angle, 300 nits brightness, 100% sRGB
- 2.3GHz AMD Ryzen 5 4500U (8MB L3 Cache, up to 4GHz) / 2GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4700U (8MB L3 Cache, up to 4.1GHz), AMD Radeon Graphics
- 8GB / 16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM, 512GB SATA SSD storage
- Windows 10
- WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 port, 2 x USB-C, 1 x HDMI
- Dimensions:367.2×232.85×17.55mm ; Weight:1.8kg
- 3.5mm headphone / microphone jack, Realtek ALC256 , 2x 2W speakers, DTS audio
- 46Wh battery with fast charging of 50% in 38 minutes in shut down, up to 12h local video and up to 9h online video playback / web browsing
The RedmiBook 16 is priced at 3799 yuan (US$ 532 / Rs. 40,230 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with Ryzen 5 4500U version and the 16GB version of it costs 3999 yuan (US$ 560 / Rs. 42,345 approx.). The top-end 16GB RAM with Ryzen 7 4700U version costs 4499 yuan (US$ 630 / Rs. 47,640 approx.). It is now available for order and will go on sale in China from June 1st. It has also updated smaller RedmiBook 13 and RedmiBook 14 models with Ryzen 4000 series processors.