Xiaomi today introduced the Mi AirDots 2 SE, a cheaper version of the AirDots 2 in China. It comes with Bluetooth 5.0, smart voice controls, dual microphones for ENC, which is environmental noise cancellation. It has the same 14.2mm drivers, but only comes with AAC codec and not the LDHC Hi-Res audio codec like AirDots 2 and 2S. The headset automatically connects with the phone running MIUI when you open the case and pick up the earphones.
It promises 5 hours of standalone battery life and a total battery life of 20 hours with the case.
Mi AirDots 2 SE specifications
- Bluetooth 5.0 (SBC/AAC codes) to connect to Android and iOS devices
- 14.2mm drivers
- Touch controls for volume and track change
- Dual microphones for noise cancellation, voice control
- Infrared sensor for intelligent wear detection so it automatically pauses when you remove them
- Semi-in-ear design to fit your ear canal, making it comfortable to wear and doesn’t fall off easily.
- Each headset weigh just 4.7 grams, Case weighs 48 grams
- 5 hours of standalone playback, 20 hours with the case, USB Type-C charging for the case to charge in 1.5 hours
The Mi AirDots 2 SE comes in White color, is priced at 169 yuan (US$ 23.8 / Rs. 1,800 approx.) and will go on sale in China from May 19th.