The renders of the HUAWEI Y8s surfaced recently and just weeks after that, the company has officially announced the smartphone in Jordan. The launch of HUAWEI Y8s comes just a week after the launch of HUAWEI Nova 7 Series.
HUAWEI Y8s flaunts a 6.5-inch FULL HD+ notch display with a resolution of 2340 by 1080 pixels and sports a nano-textured back cover that reflects unique light and shadow effects like colorful clouds under different light, according to the company. It is powered by the company’s Kirin 710 SoC paired with 4GB RAM and up to 128GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 512GB with microSD. There is a rear-mounted physical fingerprint scanner as well.
Coming to the optics, it sports dual rear cameras which is a combination of a 48MP (primary f/1.8 aperture) + 2MP (depth f/2.4 aperture), and there are dual-front facing cameras as well – 8MP (f/2.0 aperture) + 2MP (f/2.4 aperture). It runs on EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9 (Pie) and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 10W charging through a micro USB port.
HUAWEI Y8s specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FULL HD+ IPS display
- SoC: Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- RAM: 4GB RAM,
- ROM: 64GB/128GB; expandable memory up to 512GB
- OS: EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9 (Pie)
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear cameras: 48MP (primary f/1.8 aperture ) + 2MP (depth f/2.4 aperture)
- Front cameras:8MP (f/2.0 aperture) + 2MP (f/2.4 aperture)
- Rear-mounted physical fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.4 x 77.1 x 8.13 mm; Weight: 180g (approx)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, micro USB, 3.5mm jack
- Battery: 4000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
- Colors: Emerald Green and Midnight Black
There is no information on the pricing and availability yet.