Back in 2018, Samsung launched the Galaxy J2 Core, the company’s first Android Oreo (Go edition) smartphone in India. After 2 years now, Samsung has re-introduced the Galaxy J2 Core 2020 edition in India with higher storage capacity compared to the 2018 model.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core 2020 sports a 5-inch qHD TFT display with 16:9 aspect ratio and it is powered by the Samsung’s own Exynos 7570 Quad-Core 14nm processor. It is paired with 1GB of RAM and this time, Samsung has bumped up the internal storage to 16GB compared to 8GB on the OG Galaxy J2 Core.
Coming to the optics, it packs the same 8-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture as well. It still runs on Android 8 Oreo Go and has Samsung’s Smart Manager that lets users install applications or move content to microSD. There is no fingerprint scanner on this phone and lastly, it packs a 2600mAh removable battery.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core 2020 (SM-J260GZDI) specifications
- 5-inch (540 x 960 pixels) qHD PLS TFT display
- Quad-Core Exynos 7570 14nm processor clocked at 1.4GHz with Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage (11.7GB available memory); expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 72.1 x 8.9mm; Weight: 154g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- 2600mAh removable battery; MicroUSB
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core 2020 comes in Blue, Black, Gold colour options, and is priced at Rs. 6299. It is available to buy on Samsung India eStore, but deliveries should resume once the nationwide lockdown is lifted.