Vivo’s iQOO brand just announced iQOO 3 5G, the company’s latest 5G smartphone in China as it had promised. It has a 6.57-inch FHD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 90.4% screen-to-body ratio, 144Hz refresh rate (with option to switch between 144, 120 and 90Hz) and houses a 16-megapixel front camera in the punch-hole screen. It is powered by Snapdragon 865 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA dual-mode, comes with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and has a large 2.4mm fingerprint sensor on the right side that can unlock the phone in 0.16 seconds and also doubles up as a power button.
The phone packs triple rear cameras that includes a 48MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide angle and 2MP macro camera. It has stereo speakers with ultra-linear large-amplitude speaker unit at the bottom, packs a 4500mAh battery with 44W flash charge 2.0 fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 20 minutes and 100% in 58 minutes.
iQOO Neo 3 5G specifications
- 6.57-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 144Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, 96% NTSC color gamut
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with iQOO UI 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi chip, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio certification
- Dimensions: 163.71 x 75.55 x 8.93mm; Weight:198.1g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 44W Super FlashCharge 2.0 fast charging
The iQOO Neo 3 5G comes in Sky Blue and Blue Black colours, is priced at 2698 yuan (US$ 381 / Rs. 29,011 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB version, 8GB + 128GB version costs 2998 yuan (US$ 423 / Rs. 32,230 approx.), 12GB + 128GB version is priced at 3298 yuan (US$ 465 / Rs. 35,450 approx.) and the 8GB + 256GB version is priced at 3398 yuan (US$ 480 / Rs. 36,545 approx.). It will be available for order today and will go on sale in China from April 29.