HUAWEI at its event in China introduced the Smart Screen X65, the company’s latest flagship Smart Screen device with a pop-up camera, as it had promised. It packs a 65-inch 4K HDR OLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, MEMC, support for DC dimming and the screen has TUV Rheinland certification. It has 24.9mm ultra-thin all-aluminum alloy body and the screen is just 5mm thick.
This comes with a 24-megapixel AI pop-up camera with ultra-wide lens, AI features for tracking the person, and light sensor, is powered by HUAWEI’s latest HONGHU 898 quad-core SoC designed for OLED screens, which promises original color reproduction, light and shadow texture. It has 75w 14 array speakers.
HUAWEI Smart Screen X65 specifications
- 65-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K OLED display with 98 % NTSC Color Gamut, 120Hz refresh rate, 950 nits peak brightness, HDR10, MEMC, 178-degree viewing angle
- HONGHU 898 Quad-Core (2 x A73 + 2 x A53) 28nm SoC with Mali-G51MP4 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage
- HarmonyOS 1.1
- Built-in 24MP 1080p ultra-wide pop-up camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 / 5GHz) 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, HDMI 2.0 x 4; DTMB x 1; S / PDIF x 1; HDMI-ARC x 1, USB 3.0 x 2; Ethernet port x 1 (Gigabit)
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps
- 75W (6 full-frequency units + 6 high-frequency units + 2 low-frequency units)
The HUAWEI Smart Screen X65 comes in Starry Gray color, is priced at 24999 yuan (US$ 3537 / Rs. 2,68,980 approx.) and will go on sale in China from April 26th with preorders starting today.
HUAWEI also introduced V55i smart screen alongside with 55-inch 4K screen, 1080p popup camera, HONGHU 818 at 3799 yuan (US$ 537 / Rs. 40,930 approx.) for 4GB + 32GB version and 3999 yuan (US$ 567 / Rs. 43,090 approx.) for 4GB + 64GB version. This will be available in China from April 15th.