Xiaomi at its China event also introduced the Mi AirDots Pro 2s, which is an upgraded version of the Mi AirDots Pro 2 that was introduced last year. This has the same design and comes with Bluetooth 5.0, LDHC Hi-Res audio codec, smart voice controls, dual microphones for environmental noise cancellation (ENC), 14.2mm drivers and automatically connects with the phone running MIUI when you open the case and pick up the earphones, but the company says that it has improved dual Bluetooth chip so that the latency between the headsets and the interference are reduced offering more stable connection.
Another addition is the new case with Qi wireless charging support. This also offers up to 24 hours battery life compared to 14 hours in the predecessor and the standalone battery life of up to 5 hours compared to 4 hours.
Mi AirDots Pro 2s specifications
- Bluetooth 5.0 (LDHC/SBC/AAC codes) to connect to Android and iOS devices
- 14.2mm drivers
- Touch controls for volume and track change
- Dual microphones for noise cancellation, voice control
- Infrared sensor for intelligent wear detection so it automatically pauses when you remove them
- Semi-in-ear design to fit your ear canal, making it comfortable to wear and doesn’t fall off easily.
- Each headset weigh just 4.5 grams, Case weighs 52 grams
- 5hours of standalone playback, 24 hours with the case, USB Type-C charging for the case to charge in 1 hour, Qi wireless charging
The Mi AirDots Pro 2s comes in white color, is priced at 399 yuan (US$ 56.2 / Rs. 4,275 approx.) and will go on sale on mi.com in China from April 9th.