Due to the nationwide lockdown imposed to halt the spread of the Coronovirus outbreak, most banks are also closed, leading to many difficulties related to banking. To solve this, ICICI has launched a new service where users can use WhatsApp to access their account information and other services.
Using the service, ICICI account holders can securely check their savings account balance, last three transactions, credit card limit, get details of pre-approved instant loan offers and block/unblock credit & debit card. Additionally, they can also get details of the nearest three ICICI Bank ATMs and branches in their vicinity.
To use the service with your registered mobile number,
- Save the banks verified profile number – 9324953001
- Simply message “Hi”
- The Bank will respond with a list of services available.
The available banking services are:
- Check account balance: Type any keyword like “balance”, “bal” or “ac bal”
- View last three transactions: Type “transaction”, “stmt” or “history”
- Get outstanding balance and view available credit limit of credit card: Type “limit”, “cc limit” or “cc balance”
- Block/Unblock credit and debit card instantly: Type “block”, “lost my card” or “unblock”
- View details of available pre-approved instant loans: Type “loan”, “home loan”, “personal loan” or “instant loans”
- View nearest ICICI Bank ATM and branch: Type “ATM” , “branch”
- Check available nearby offers on travel, dining, shopping: Type “offer” or “discounts”
Commenting on the launch of the service, Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank said:
It has always been our endeavour to offer improved convenience to our customers. Recently, we had rolled out ‘ICICIStack’, the most comprehensive digital platform in the country by a bank as it can facilitate crores of customers to continue all their banking, digitally and from a remote location, without visiting a bank branch. Now, we have introduced this service on WhatsApp, one of the most popular instant messaging applications in the world. Our retail customers can execute a host of their banking requirements on their own, without visiting a branch. The services are instantaneous and secure. With the growing prominence of social media in every-day life, we believe that this would add immense convenience to our customers, as it allows them to bank while they are on social media.