Along with the P40 series HUAWEI also introduced new HUAWEI WATCH GT 2e smartwatch in India. It includes a concealed crown that goes with the watch body that goes with the watch body to add an extra flourish, is equipped with a 1.39-inch AMOLED touch display, is powered by HUAWEI’s Kirin A1 wearable chip.
For the first time, HUAWEI has introduced a blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitoring feature to the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2e in addition to precise heart rate monitoring, abnormal heart rate reminders, pressure level monitoring and sleep monitoring features that allow users to understand their health status in real time.
The HUAWEI WATCH GT 2e supports 15 professional workout modes including eight outdoor activities and seven indoor activities. In professional workout modes, the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2e provides comprehensive monitoring that can track 190 types of data – all to help the users to get the most out of their workout. The HUAWEI WATCH GT 2e can also automatically detect 6 professional workout modes, offering a smarter sporting experience.
The design of the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2e is sporty. Instead of following traditional designs where the watch face is separated from its strap, it possesses a classic round dial with an integrated strap for a streamlined, modern look. Its stainless steel body complements the concealed, crown design that blends in with the watch’s curved silhouette. The dual-colour, breathable TPU material completes a flawless unibody design. It promises two-week long battery life.
HUAWEI Watch GT 2e specifications
- 1.39-inch (454 x 454 pixels) AMOLED touch display
- HUAWEI Kirin A1 chip
- Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to Android 4.4 and above iOS 9.0 devices
- HUAWEI LiteOS
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- GPS supported
- 4GB storage for music
- Bluetooth calling
- 15 professional workout modes including eight outdoor activities (running, walking, mountain climbing, hiking, trail running, cycling, open water swimming, triathlon), seven indoor activities (walking, running, cycling, pool swimming, free training, elliptical machine, rower)
- Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, Capacitive sensor
- Heart rate tracking, Sleep monitoring, HUAWEI TruRelax, and all-day activity tracking
- Dimensions: 53 x 46.8 x 10.8 mm; Weight: 43g
- Up to 14 days of battery life
The HUAWEI Watch GT 2e comes in Graphite Black, Lava Red, Mint Green and Icy White colors with the strap made of a soft and comfortable fluororubber, is priced at €199 (US$ 218 / Rs. 16,720 approx.) and will roll out from April.
HUAWEI also introduced new WATCH GT 2 42mm in Frosty White and at €229 (US$ 221 / Rs. 18,860 approx.) and Chestnut Red at €249 (US$ 273 / Rs. 20,500 approx.).