Samsung just announced Portable Solid State Drive (SSD) T7 Touch with sleek, compact design based on the USB 3.2 Gen 2 standard offering up to 1,050 MB/s transfer speed, twice as fast as its predecessor, the T5, and up to 9.5 times faster than external HDDs. It also has a built-in fingerprint sensor on top of password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption.
It also features a ‘Motion LED’, which allows the user to determine the status of the device simply with a single glance. The SSD has solid metal (aluminum) casing, yet weighs just 58 grams.
Samsung SSD T7 Touch Specifications
- Capacity – 500GB/1TB/2TB
- USB 3.2 (Gen 2, 10Gbps) with backward compatibility
- Dimensions: 85 x 57 x 8.0m ; Weight: 58 grams
- Transfer Speed – Read: Up to 1,050 MB/s; Write: 1,000MB/s
- Strong, shock-resistant metal case and internal support frame
- UASP Mode
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Requires Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS X 10.10 and higher, or Android 5.1 (Lollipop) and higher
- Certification – CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB
- RoHS2 Compliance
- Connectivity: USB type-C-to-C, USB type-C-to-A
- Limited 3-year warranty
Pricing and availability
The Samsung SSD T7 Touch comes in Black and Silver colors and is priced at Rs. 11,999 for 500GB, Rs. 18,999 for 1TB and Rs. 36,999 for 2TB. It will be available starting this month in over 30 countries worldwide and will roll out across retail channels, online and offline, from February 2020 in India. The variant without a fingerprint sensor called Portable SSD T7 is expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2020.