Motorola just announced One Hyper, the company’s latest One series smartphones with a pop-up camera design, as it had promised. It has a 6.5-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio LCD screen without a notch, which it calls Total Vision, is powered by Snapdragon 675 with 4GB of RAM and runs Android 10 out of the box. It packs a 64-megapixel main camera with Night Vision and Quad Pixel technologies, laser auto focus technology to focus instantly, even in the dark and an 8-megapixel 118° ultra-wide angle lens.
With Google CameraX API, third party apps like Instagram can take advantage of Motorola’s camera AI technology, like HDR, Night Vision and Portrait Mode, said the company. There is a 32-megapixel pop-up selfie camera with the same Night Vision mode and Quad Pixel technology that brings in 4x more light sensitivity. The pop up camera has a drop protection mechanism that triggers it to automatically retract during a sudden drop or when the phone is flipped upside down.
It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner with a helpful notification light around it that subtly illuminates in different ways to keep you updated without disturbing you. The phone packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 45W Hyper charge USB Power Delivery 3.0 fast charging that promises 12 hours of battery life with 10 min of charge. Some might get 15W TurboPower charger in the box, said the company.
Motorola One Hyper specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080×2340 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 10
- 64MP Quad Pixel (16MP) rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, EIS, PDAF, 8MP 118-degree Ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, Laser autofocus (TOF)
- 32MP front-facing quad pixel (8MP) camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bottom-ported speaker, dual microphones, Smart PA
- P2i water-repellent nano coating
- Dimensions: 161.8x 76.6x 8.9mm; Weight: 210g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 45W Hyper charging
The Motorola One Hyper comes in Deepsea Blue, Dark Amber, and Fresh Orchid colors, is priced at US$399.99 (Rs. 28,600 approx.) and is already available in the US unlocked from Motorola.com and in selected countries of Europe. It will also be available in select markets across the Middle East in the coming months.